Praise the Lord
1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
This day, i testify of the Lord my God, who broke through for me.
Saturday, 22 January 2005, was my SOT interview.
I was informed that my parents are to be informed of my desire to go SOT and, based on their responses, my application would be determined.
I was not aware of that, for in truth, much as i dread the confrontation, i was mentally prepared to face the possibility of being disowned. i had wanted to confirm my application before i let them know. In retrospect, it seems a bit dumb... but i didn't want to 'spoil their day' only to be rejected from SOT. While on the NE1 bus home from church, i messaged various people whom i knew, asking for prayer and updating those to whom i am accountable to.
As i reached home after supper with my friend, Eugene, i was surprised to see that my dad was still awake. He would normally be asleep at about 11pm. I asked and found to my dismay that he was not working the next day. I had initially planned to ask my dad in the morning, as my mom would be asleep, for she has taken a strong stand against Christianity. I'm usually referred to him regarding such matters anyway.
So i helped out with the new vacuum cleaner that he had bought from Osim and fiddled with the DVD recorder that he did not know how to use. And after a quick prayer, i broached the subject.
I told him i wanted to go study. He said, well, you're working, you got to pay for it yourself. And he asked why my brother and i studied so much and don't seem to earn enough. I was silent.
But i knew it was not right to just stop here. I have to inform him, that he is fully aware of the course that i intend to pursue, namely, SOT. And i screwed up my courage and told him i wanted to study theology. And i had to repeat several times before my dad heard as he's hard of hearing. It was at this point that my mom came into the room.
My blood froze. My mind went blank. i panicked. But i knew i had to press on.
And as expected, the usual tirade against Christianity spewed forth. Much of during which i kept silent, for to retort would bring reproach and skepticism as well as caustic remarks.
And my dad stated the usual theories of church, that if i do not contribute my tithes, no one in church would care about me. That i am often not aware of what happens at home. At length, he told me to think about it carefully, that i was 27, no longer young. I should focus on my career, make more money and plan to settle down, so that i will not have to worry when i retire.
I should think about it.
And i did... having thought about it a long time, way before he told me to, i had already decided to put God first, to serve His Calling for me in my life. Trusting God to meet my future needs.
And i decided i will go SOT. And i will be more involved at home.
And thus God broke through for me.
I messaged someone while on the bus that, make or break, i will be in church on Sunday to praise the Lord. Whatever the outcome, i will praise Him. And I was trusting God to MAKE a way and BREAKthrough for me to go SOT. As i declared in faith, spoken it and prayed, where my friends and leaders prayed for me, God gave the breakthrough.
Truly, if not for God, the the precious prayers of the faithful men and women of God that God placed in my life, people who prayed for me, the breakthrough would not have came.
Praise the Lord for He is the God of the impossible!
And the faith that is bigger than a mustard seed... grew a little bigger...
13th February 2005, my life with my company of 4 years end.
14th February 2005, the most romantic day of the year, i begin life anew and fall deeper in love with God and go on to a higher level with Him.
HALLELUJAH!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home