Old stuff revisited
About the significant times of my life... the decisive points that caused me to be who I am.
- 1977: Birth -
A man was born
at the break of dawn
the end was near
yet destiny unclear...
- 1984: Primary School -
Entered Westlake Primary School
- 1989: PSLE -
Primary School Leaving Exam
The die was cast
no looking back
leaving for new class
alone... I wept.
- 1990: Secondary School -
Entered Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School
A new day has come
onwards I run
a man in the making
the future's awaiting
A girl I saw
so fair and sweet
she I adore
yet for her I shall weep
- 1993: Heartbreak -
End of secondary school phase
Another chapter's end
of the wrong I can't amend
of regrets till date none
cos' of her, now there was one
To her i asked to be attached
with 3 words she doth reject
'No, forget me' that's what she said
Forever on my mind, those words were etched.
- 1994: Entry to Nanyang Poly -
Entered Nanyang Polytechnic
A different creature greeted this day
a beast of sadness with depression's face
what hath changed his countenance gay
'failure to let go' that's what he says.
Rage and fury pathed his ways
while friends and family watched in daze
why is it this self same face
hath only fury in his gaze?
- 1997: Japan!-
First trip to Japan!
2nd of June a day to note
fate's awaiting, history's being wrote
forward I charged with a grin on my face
first trip to Japan lasting 17 days
Return I did though reluctantly
much fun I had with the family
New chapter's opening, warily I tread
National Service beckons, a time I dread.
- 1999: ORD! -
Exit the Armed Forces!
I left the Force with tears and smiles
Year 2000 beckons and all was well
2.5 years many friends were made
Tears I cried when farewells were said
Bros we were after 2 years and half
it was a long time, though scarcely enough
Staff moustache, the good man said
we shall meet again, reservist date.
- 2000 New Beginning -
Entered the society as a working adult
A new millennium, a brand new start
the same old me with a foot stitched up
out of army a job i seek
a secretary I became: life's the pits!
Further on my Army bro I meet
His role in life: cybercafe LAN Admin
Along the way, to him I joined
Though this job short-lived, through it I enjoyed
Then came August, Japan I went
trip number 2 to Fukuoka ken
Yoshitaka-san is the best man
his wife Akemi-san, his right hand
Sayaka-chan his daughter, Takun his son
beautiful children though they are young
maturing steadily as the days go by
okaasan's wisdom's where the secret lies
I returned saddened, as yet again
tears I cried, head hung in shame
sadness' flames I could not tame
back to home the way I came.
I returned to an empty shell
my place of work an empty hell
seeking work with no place in mind
joined an ISP working part time.
Then one day, a stroke of luck,
the manager saw me and this he asked
do you want a change of path
a change of work with a change of staff?
After some thought I agreed to go
Fat Boy I met, a most kind soul
to relieve his duties while he's on leave
he spoke of testing I was to assist.
- 2001: Position -
Employed as a permanent staff
A contract I signed on the 2nd of Feb
A perm staff I became, destined to regret
all was well or so it seems
problems to come, as changes begin.
Work I did at a furious speed
working 16 hours, a daily feat
an ace i was, hotshot maverick
though hotshot soon turned derelict
Into the fray I came, too sharp, too fast
before they realised, they were eating my dust
where chaos reigned and order was not,
Fat Boy and Slim set foundations of rock.
-2002: Fat Boy and Slim -
A nice but strange combo
It's odd how life throws the opposites of life together and made it all a masterpiece...
It's what happened between Fat Boy and me.
He's die-hard friendly while I'm a hard core fiend.
He smiles a whole lot while I bared sharktoothed grins.
He takes his time... I cut the chase.
He's cool, calm, collected... most of the time.
I'm hot, hasty and hell runs amok. (My take on life... Time!!! Time!!! Not enough time! Hurry! )
I ram down arguments while he explains and discuss.
Somehow... we clicked and became the most unlikely combo in the organisation.
The gentle SmileyGuy and his furious Bengster.
We get things done.
Fat Boy and Slim... Nice and Strange...He's nice... I'm strange...

1 Comments:
who's Fat boy? is he that kind soul and nice?
Post a Comment
<< Home