Sunday, November 21, 2004

ViSiOn

lost focus...
lost drive...
lost your way...

because you lost sight of your vision.

To me, vision, something that Pastor Kong touched on yesterday, is something that enables us to survive adversity. It is something that radically changed my life. From 5 years of existence in church where i progressed little prior to backsliding, to 2 years of exponential growth(in comparison), i can only thank God for the vision and calling He gave me.

I learnt several things: the vision is truly for an appointed time.

God revealed my calling to me when my heart was ready, and not before. If he had revealed my calling years ago, i believe i would not be able to receive it. I was young, brash, depressed and not teachable. I would have executed plans my way.

The 2 years where i left church were phenomenal.

i realised that God is truly a keeper of His Word.
When i first became a christian, He gave me a Word from the Bible, promising me that He will never leave me nor forsake me. Throughout the 2 years, despite not going to church, there were times when i sensed His Presence. He also continued to work through me, using me as a channel to resolve a situation so that a fellow christian can resign, instead of getting fired, due to a situation he mishandled.

It seems like a case of Balaam's donkey, where instead of a donkey talking to the prophet, you have a guy, stubborn as a mule(dumb as one too!) who spoke into the life of a man of God.

So i spent 2 years in the backside of an internet service provider. (almost literally.) Customer service, we clear the shit brought on by Sales who over-promise, over-look one too many things.

Learnt a number of things, at work and in my personal life.

There's no 'forever friends' or 'forever enemies'.
(i look forward to disproving this)
Don't shit where you eat, aka, don't get involved in office romance.
Don't shit where you eat, aka, don't get involved in office politic.
Always keep track of what you have done
Speak logically, not impulsively.
Don't react, think then act.

But that aside, it had been a lonely 2 years. I can socialise, but i seldom have contacts calling me etc. Guess i blog better than i talk. Maybe i dun fei-lous-hip that well... i don't know.

So back i came and one fine day... i was praying and He reminded me... do you remember you used to pray for Japan.

I was like, ah... yea. Lord, i pray for Japan...and started to pray... Then He dropped the vision on me. Maybe i was making too much noise and couldn't hear His still small voice.

I was like {:O

It was a vision of a wave, huge tsunami wave, signifying revival.

i was at the crest, and there will be many others, from many nations, going there.

Revival will happen. In Japan.

And as Pastor was speaking yesterday, he said that the vision may take months, even 3 years... As he said "3 years", he looked in the direction where i sat, and his arm pointed towards me.

It was confirmation. 2007 had been sitting in the depth of my soul but i was unsure.

He might as well have been speaking to me and me alone, at that point.

3 years. 2004 + 3 = 2007.

Confirmation. I should move out in 3 years. Unless i fall. I pray not.

And as i gave my offering, i wrote 1 thing:
To win Japan for the Lord.

Not the city. The nation.
And God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ever dream or imagine.

amen.

I need to go through volcano. The hotter the fire, the purer the gold. And as the year 2005 begins, i have butts to kick and the first is my own.

So there is why i run and keep running.

I have a vision: Japan
i have a mission: revival
i have a timing: 3 years
i have to prepare: CHBTC
i have a test: test of faith
i have a goal: to fulfill my destiny
i have a dream: to hear God say: Well done, good and faithful servant.

i have to keep running. faithfully.

The vision motivates me to keep on hanging in there.

And i pray it suffice to sustain me through CHBTC and me putting myself into the volcano.

Remember the mission of CHC: To raise up a new generation that will take the NATIONS by storm?

It shall come to pass.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Gloria Wong said...

yeah man! It will come to past! =D keep on believing n have the Faith with ya! There is great power in confessing! Confess everyday! =D

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger jelly pink pig said...

Yo! Way to go mad max for Christ! I will be praying for you!

BTW, jane is actually Joyce's elder sister, if you know the Joyce from Production/Sound Ministry. Jane is doing very well in St Andrew's Cathedral. She;s now the leading woman of the church's ministry to China and is doing intepretation for the Pastors. I've seen her grow. She is really a woman of faith now.

Hey, i'm going to SOt to fulfill just part of my vision. I truly believe God laid it down in my heart to be part of a great church that will minister and take the Gospel to China. I can see it! I can Have it, amen!

So sleepy...by the way, wld you check out my blog to see if i did the right thing? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home